Petition - Information
Dear Presidents, Prime Ministers and Royals,Protect our climate, health, waters, soil, food and wildlife from
1) Polystyrene (Styrofoam) waste
2) Single-use plastic bags waste
3) single-use plastic flatware waste
4) from Glyphosate herbicide
Climate Change, Plastic Pollution and Oil and Gas Exploration are all connected !! We demand a GLOBAL AGREEMENT like Paris Agreement to deal with Plastic Pollution
Each year, humans use and throw away millions of foam containers/ foam take-out boxes, foam craft products, foam packaging material, single-use plastic bags, single-use plastic flatware causing pollution. Too often, this pollution ends up in our rivers, oceans and soil where it affects our drinking water, soil, health and can harm or even kill birds, fish and other wildlife. Also, Styrene is a declared carcinogen. It leaches into food and drinks from foam containers on contact. Other toxins too leach into the ground water and soil from trashed Styrofoam packaging material, craft products and containers
Madhvi Chittoor, #NoStyrofoamNinja, 9 yr old, advocacy and campaigns have eliminated 7.6 million Styrofoam containers (soon would be 9.2 million) from going to the landfill each year and replaced with sustainable products. Also, her campaign has brought 3 bills in the Colorado State Legislature to ban Styrofoam containers and single-use plastic bags and flatware which would soon be laws in Colorado. But more needs to be done.
Glyphosate herbicide , is a declared carcinogen. It is popularly known as "Roundup" and is used to kill weeds. One scientific study found that the percentage of people who tested positive for glyphosate increased by 500% between 1993 and 2016. In the U.S., 26 million pounds of Roundup are sprayed on public parks, playgrounds, schools and gardens every year. 21 countries around the world and many states in the USA have banned it.
Something we use for a few minutes shouldn't be allowed to affect our health and pollute our environment for hundreds of years. Also, lot of alternative products like compostable paper, bagasse trays and containers are readily available in the market for Styrofoam and similarly for Glyphosate too.
We need new rules to fight this Climate War!! We need to work in unison to fight this Climate War!! We are all connected!!
Please I implore you, the heads-of-state of all the countries in the world to
1) ban cups, take-out boxes, craft products, packaging material made of polystyrene in retail stores, cafeterias/restaurants
2) ban single-use plastic bags in retail stores, restaurants/cafeterias and
3) ban single-use plastic flatware in retail stores, restaurants/cafeterias
4) ban Glyphosate use in school playgrounds, public parks, residential areas by 2022 to protect human health, reduce pollution in our waters, soil , food and protect wildlife.